The Rotary Club of Greenfield actively works to fulfill Rotary International's Motto of "Service Above Self". The programs, fundraisers and service projects which we engage in throughout the year address Rotary's Five Avenues of Service, which are:
- Club Service works to strengthen fellowship among members and creating an organizational infrastructure, policies and procedures to ensure the club's success in meeting its mission.
- Vocational Service encourages members to serve others through their vocations, education, skills and by adhering to ethical standards of practice.
- Community Service represents the club's activities which build a strong and giving community, which builds a better life for our family, friends, neighbors and local businesses and organizations.
- International Service works to support worldwide humanitarian efforts as well as promoting peace and understanding.
- New Generations Service focuses on engaging youth and developing skilled future leaders, who possess strong ethical standards and a passion for serving others.
In pursuit of these ideals and commitments, our club is involved in the following:
- Our Club Scholarship Fund provides financial grants to deserving Hancock County high school seniors from each high school, planning to attend college.
- Our Gift of Life Auction helps raise funds to financially support a medical team from Riley's Children Hospital who performs life-saving heart surgeries for children from around the world who do not have access to such medical care.
- Our Steak N' Bake N' Raffle helps raise funds for Hancock County non-profit organizations providing needed services for our local community.
- Our Fill a Truck- Fill a Pantry food drive purchases and collects non perishable food to stock our local soup kitchen and food pantries.
- Our Thirty Second Auction raises funds to help eradicate polio throughout the world. we do this in conjunction with the Rotary Foundation and the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation.
- Our Smoke Detector Blitz in conjunction with the Greenfield Fire Department and the American Red Cross allows us to provide and install free smoke detectors to deserving families in Greenfield.
- Our Bell Ringers Project allows us to collect funds at Christmas time to support the Hancock County Sheriff's Department efforts to provide Christmas gifts for children who would go without, while their parents are incarcerated.
- Our Memorial Day Ceremony conducted at the Hancock Veterans Park honors our veterans who gave their lives to serve and defend our country.
- We purchase, prepare and serve food at our local armory's Dress Blues Christmas Party to show support for our troops.
- Our Walter Worland Memorial First Responders Awards recognizes and honors members of our local police, sheriff, fire, EMT, and 911 dispatch whose actions throughout the year went above and beyond the call of duty. We fondly refer to this as our "hero awards".
- Our John Long Memorial Vocational Service Awards recognizes a Non-Rotarian local community leader, who exemplifies Rotary Ideals and has made significant contributions to the community through their vocation(See Club Links, then Club Resources, then documents for a nomination form and list of past honorees).
- In support of our local Parks Department, our club has financed the construction of two pergolas and the Rotary Art Park on the Pennsy Trail, as well as providing routine maintenance to these installations.
- Our club members help prepare meals at the Kenneth Butler Memorial Soup Kitchen, every other month.
- Our club members deliver Meals on Wheels, each Tuesday.
- Our club supports and engages the Greenfield Central High School's Rotary Interact Club in their humanitarian and service activities.
- Each quarter, our club members donate blood to the Greater Indianapolis Area American Red Cross.
In addition to the above programs, the Rotary Club of Greenfield is often called upon to volunteer or financially support individuals, families and organizations throughout our community and the world, at large.
We also have monthly social events for club members to build and strengthen members relationships with each other, family and friends, but just as important to have Fun.
You can read about these projects in more detail as we publish stories throughout the year on this website and our Facebook Page. You can also view pictures from these events and programs in the gallery on the lower right hand corner of this website or view them on our Facebook Page.